Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Big" styled body switch from Lail to Keaton -- "Mack & Rita"
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza is the voice of her generation -- "Emily the Criminal"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Movie Review: Gemma Arterton falls for the "Rogue Agent" -- or does she?
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Movie Review: Make a Great Climb, risk a Great "Fall"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 1, 2018
Preview, Downcast Kelly MacDonald finds clues and a connection in a “Puzzle” and the partner who can help her solve it
This trailer to “Puzzle” brings so many movies about unhappy women who have lived a life that has crushed their souls. The radiant Kelly MacDonald is that woman here, married, with kids and deep, deep depression that her lout of … Continue reading
Looks goofy, size jokes, etc. A lot will depend on the villain. A worthy foe of the insectoid duo. July 6. Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, M. Douglas, M. Pena, Fishburne and Walton Goggins?
The sports comedy formula doesn’t require that the movie come from Hollywood or be about baseball, football or hoops. All that’s necessary is a gang of plucky underdogs who somehow make it to “the Big Game.” “Holy Goalie” (“Que Baje Dios … Continue reading
Netflixable? “The Rachel Divide” examines the identity politics of a racially complex and divisive figure
Rachel Dolezal is the white woman outed for pretending to be black, serving as president of the Spokane NAACP, an activist leading protests against shootings in the run up to the Black Lives Matter movement. That’s the narrative we were … Continue reading