Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Amazon serves up the Holocaust as Vengeance Fantasy -- "Hunters"
- Netflixable? Big bucks for a low-rent potboiler -- "The Last Thing He Wanted"
- Movie Review: With "Onward," Pixar takes a step backward
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 1, 2018
Preview, Downcast Kelly MacDonald finds clues and a connection in a “Puzzle” and the partner who can help her solve it
This trailer to “Puzzle” brings so many movies about unhappy women who have lived a life that has crushed their souls. The radiant Kelly MacDonald is that woman here, married, with kids and deep, deep depression that her lout of … Continue reading
Looks goofy, size jokes, etc. A lot will depend on the villain. A worthy foe of the insectoid duo. July 6. Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, M. Douglas, M. Pena, Fishburne and Walton Goggins?
The sports comedy formula doesn’t require that the movie come from Hollywood or be about baseball, football or hoops. All that’s necessary is a gang of plucky underdogs who somehow make it to “the Big Game.” “Holy Goalie” (“Que Baje Dios … Continue reading
Netflixable? “The Rachel Divide” examines the identity politics of a racially complex and divisive figure
Rachel Dolezal is the white woman outed for pretending to be black, serving as president of the Spokane NAACP, an activist leading protests against shootings in the run up to the Black Lives Matter movement. That’s the narrative we were … Continue reading