Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2018
Movie Review: Documentary celebrates the jurist, the icon, the woman with the Rap Name Notorious “RBG”
Yes, she’s become a meme, idolized by generations of young American women, imitated to hilarious hip hop effect by “Saturday Night Live’s” Kate McKinnon, “Notorious RBG.” But the movie “RBG” just glances at that. But Betty West and Julie Cohen’s … Continue reading
This is one of the great unfilmed “true” stories of World War II, that of the multi-lingual, quiz-show dazzling baseball catcher and coach Moe Berg’s work as an OSS spy. An all-star cast, headed by Paul Rudd but including Mark Strong, … Continue reading
If there was ever any doubt, “gaydar” works in the countryside, too. That’s not much consolation to Johnny Saxby, the bored, drunken heir to the family farm in the fine British melodrama, “God’s Own Country.” Johnny (Josh O’Connor) a compassionate … Continue reading
In short-pitch terms, “The Honor List” is “The Bucket List” with teenage girls. Its genre is teen girls coming of age dramedy. And its worn-down-to-the-nub formula includes pranks and tears and quarrels and boys and trips to the ol’ swimmin’ … Continue reading