Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 3, 2018
Movie Review: Documentary celebrates the jurist, the icon, the woman with the Rap Name Notorious “RBG”
Yes, she’s become a meme, idolized by generations of young American women, imitated to hilarious hip hop effect by “Saturday Night Live’s” Kate McKinnon, “Notorious RBG.” But the movie “RBG” just glances at that. But Betty West and Julie Cohen’s … Continue reading
This is one of the great unfilmed “true” stories of World War II, that of the multi-lingual, quiz-show dazzling baseball catcher and coach Moe Berg’s work as an OSS spy. An all-star cast, headed by Paul Rudd but including Mark Strong, … Continue reading
If there was ever any doubt, “gaydar” works in the countryside, too. That’s not much consolation to Johnny Saxby, the bored, drunken heir to the family farm in the fine British melodrama, “God’s Own Country.” Johnny (Josh O’Connor) a compassionate … Continue reading
In short-pitch terms, “The Honor List” is “The Bucket List” with teenage girls. Its genre is teen girls coming of age dramedy. And its worn-down-to-the-nub formula includes pranks and tears and quarrels and boys and trips to the ol’ swimmin’ … Continue reading