Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Gruesome deaths and crop failures, "The Curse of Audrey Earnshaw"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 29, 2018
Think of “Sara’s Notebook” as a “Heart of Darkness” for Africa in the age of Conflict Minerals and NGOs. Stick with me, because I’m going to run with this conceit a while. This Spanish film, acquired by Netflix, is a … Continue reading
It’s a credit to the makers of the soccer documentary “Nossa Chape” that they’d still have a decent film, even without the tragedy that underscores the one they made. Chapecó is a relatively small, poor city in fútbol-mad Brazil, perpetual … Continue reading
There’s evidence of ambition in “The Yellow Birds,” a sober-minded Iraq War drama based on combat vet-author Kevin Powers’ novel. It has a hint of “In the Valley of Elah” in its mysterious death of a soldier and Biblical undertones, … Continue reading