Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 26, 2018
I recognized a Hemingway and Harris Yulin, but the stars? Tate Ellington, Tara Summers, Victoria Clark. Another Long Island weekend getaway comedy. You know the tropes. Oddly, “Wanderland” did not hit its April 20 release date, according to Box Office … Continue reading
How much longer is that nasal, New York princess drawled “Yaaaaaaas” going to be funny? Just in terms of cultural currency? It’s an essential comic component of the latest “Bridesmaids/Girl’s Trip” variation, “Ibiza,” now on Netflix. As in, the screenwriter … Continue reading
Here’s a documentary/personal essay of the “Roger & Me” variety, a cross-country trip collecting interviews about Elvis, his place in the culture, and the America his rise and fall foresaw. Eugene Jarecki directed it, Alec Baldwin and Chuck D are … Continue reading
It’s a period piece based on a Henry James story, so it’s about an American among the ancient money/nobility of Europe. Pairing Joely Richardson and Vanessa Redgrave usually pays off. The ingenues here include Poppy Delevinge and a Polanski daughter. … Continue reading
Ewan McGregor seems an odd choice to be the adult overworked and losing the thread of life Christopher Robin, the son of A.A. Milne who needs to get back to Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore when grownup life becomes too … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Solo” “underwhelms” with a $114 million Memorial Day opening, “Deadpool 2” falls off a cliff
Disney’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” jump started its “weekend” box office count with Thursday night showings, as is now custom. It has a holiday weekend all to itself as a new release, meaning Monday/Memorial Day, will be huge as … Continue reading