Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 14, 2018
Margot Kidder, Lois Lane to Christopher Reeve’s Man of Steel in the most beloved film version of “Superman,” has died. She was just 69 and had been in poor health for years. Stories of paranoia, bipolar disorder and mental illness … Continue reading
Here’s a British music documentary ostensibly about “The 27 Club,” that collection of famous musicians, from Brian Jones to Amy Winehouse and ever-onward, who indulged and died at the too-too young age of 27. I say “ostensibly” because Simon Napier-Bell’s … Continue reading
Have you been watching season two of “Genius,” the National Geographic TV mini-series built on Antonio Banderas‘s superb rendition of Pablo Picasso? Yeah, he’s too tall, but the Spanish master brilliantly portrays pugnacious, egotistical and short in playing another Spanish … Continue reading
It opens Friday, and the Pope Picture has Focus Features behind it and Wim Wenders behind the camera — who’s had a fascinating career ranging from “Wings of Desire” and “The American Friend” to U-2 concert films and too many … Continue reading
Yes, there is fangirl/fanboy reaction trickling in about “Deadpool 2,” which was screened all over North America last Thursday. Ignore their nerdgasms or criticisms just a tad longer, if you would. Official, grownup licensed (not really) critic reviews don’t arrive … Continue reading