Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2018
“Racer and the Jailbird” is about a rich young Porsche driver and the bank robber she falls for. It’s a torrid love affair, all-consuming even though the rising-star racer suspects her man lies, and her man is getting too old … Continue reading
“First Reformed” redeems the career of one of the cinema’s great writer-directors, rescuing Paul Schrader from the wilderness of Nicolas Cage B-thrillers and the hell of begging Lindsay Lohan to show up in “The Canyons.” It’s a powerful, disturbing crisis … Continue reading
Aaron Baker was a California Motocross racer who suffered a paralyzing spinal cord injury at 20. His doctors gave him “a one in a million chance of ever even feeding myself” again. When he and his mother, Laquito Dian, … Continue reading
Love that Jean Reno, fascinating fellow who tipped me to all the apps he uses to track down fine food — he is French, after all — during an interview once. Here, he’s the old man of the mountains in … Continue reading