Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2018
“Racer and the Jailbird” is about a rich young Porsche driver and the bank robber she falls for. It’s a torrid love affair, all-consuming even though the rising-star racer suspects her man lies, and her man is getting too old … Continue reading
“First Reformed” redeems the career of one of the cinema’s great writer-directors, rescuing Paul Schrader from the wilderness of Nicolas Cage B-thrillers and the hell of begging Lindsay Lohan to show up in “The Canyons.” It’s a powerful, disturbing crisis … Continue reading
Aaron Baker was a California Motocross racer who suffered a paralyzing spinal cord injury at 20. His doctors gave him “a one in a million chance of ever even feeding myself” again. When he and his mother, Laquito Dian, … Continue reading
Love that Jean Reno, fascinating fellow who tipped me to all the apps he uses to track down fine food — he is French, after all — during an interview once. Here, he’s the old man of the mountains in … Continue reading