Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 16, 2018
“Racer and the Jailbird” is about a rich young Porsche driver and the bank robber she falls for. It’s a torrid love affair, all-consuming even though the rising-star racer suspects her man lies, and her man is getting too old … Continue reading
“First Reformed” redeems the career of one of the cinema’s great writer-directors, rescuing Paul Schrader from the wilderness of Nicolas Cage B-thrillers and the hell of begging Lindsay Lohan to show up in “The Canyons.” It’s a powerful, disturbing crisis … Continue reading
Aaron Baker was a California Motocross racer who suffered a paralyzing spinal cord injury at 20. His doctors gave him “a one in a million chance of ever even feeding myself” again. When he and his mother, Laquito Dian, … Continue reading
Love that Jean Reno, fascinating fellow who tipped me to all the apps he uses to track down fine food — he is French, after all — during an interview once. Here, he’s the old man of the mountains in … Continue reading