Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Preview: Netflix gets in the Queen Latifah business with a road-trip thriller -- "End of the Road"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: She's baaaaack -- "Orphan: First Kill"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 28, 2018
“Maineland” is an underachieving documentary about over-achieving Chinese exchange students at a remote prep school in Maine. It’s a culture-clash story where cultures don’t truly clash, where “America” doesn’t so much rub off on kids from Chinese megacities relocated to … Continue reading
The pre-weekend box office projections were based on studio estimates, market research based on franchise awareness, audience eagerness, yadda yadda. And they ranged from $115 million to as high as $142. It wasn’t just Box Office Guru and Deadline.com, always … Continue reading