Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: May 15, 2018
Yeah, Jordan Peele had to vouch for Spike and produce it. And it’s opening in the movie-going dog days of August. But this “true story” about infiltrating the David Duke (Topher Grace!) KKK of the ’70s by posing as Aryan … Continue reading
Rami Malek stars…Jeez, he’s the spitting buck-toothed image of Queen’s Freddy, isn’t he? Gives you chills. He’s got the stage antics and especially the FOOTwork (that skip-shuffle Freddy crossed the stage with, most notably at Live Aid). I’d have settled … Continue reading
André Leon Talley — first impression. Big. Huge. Larger than life. Flamboyant. Gregarious. Imperious. Pretentious. Hyperbolic. Fabulous. Effeminate. Hilarious. Talley has been High Priest of the Fashionistas for so long they should retire front-row center seating at every fashion show … Continue reading
“Deadpool 2” shows our superhero as full of himself as ever, and that’s why I prefer Deadpool to all the other money-minters of the Marvel Universe. He’s in on the joke. He and the films built around him send up the … Continue reading
There’s a twinkle to Jorge Mario Bergoglio, known to the world as Pope Francis. His crinkly grin reminds me of the British actor Jonathan Pryce, when Pryce isn’t portraying a Bond villain. Something about that smile smacks of utter sincerity, … Continue reading