Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2021
“The House of Flowers: The Movie,” might have been a sequel that’s a fun introduction to the ground-breaking Netflix series about a big, affluent and very dysfunctional Mexico City family that owns a flower shop and a gay cabaret both … Continue reading
This one has the makings of the year’s biggest crowd pleaser, with Oscar winner Marlee Matlin as the mom, Emilia Jones as the New England fishing family daughter who loves to sing and — of all people — Eugenio Derbez … Continue reading
One quick way to depress yourself about the state of ethics in medicine is to Google the phase “organ donation scandal.” Germany to China, Bulgaria to India, this life-and-death access to transplantable organs has proven as easy to corrupt as … Continue reading
This looks good, and “Downeast,” a festival favorite, opens July 13.
“Skinwalker” is a too-talkative walking-corpse of a Western horror tale from the auteur who churned out “Eminence Hill” and “The Covenant.” A couple of horseless cowboys (Nathaniel Burns and director Robert Conway) stumble across a Native American grave. The one … Continue reading