Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 22, 2021
The horror comedy “Werewolves Within” didn’t quite do the trick for me. But it’s a great example of how hitting the right tone can keep you watching, even if the “horror” isn’t all that and not nearly enough jokes land. … Continue reading
A24 got a star to give us all a quick primer on the Medieval poem that inspired “The Green Knight,” which is now a major motion picture coming our way in a month.
There’s a competence that borders on professionalism in some of the settings, camera placement and whatnot in “Bad Detectives,” a murder mystery that started life as “Year of the Detectives.” That was to be a play on Chinese zodiac year … Continue reading
The GI Joe character origin story opens July 23. Lukewarm on the franchise, but anything with samurai swords…
Writer-director Michihito Fujii puts the “sag” back in “saga” with his soapy, melodramatic mob movie “A Family,” originally-titled “Yakuza and the Family.” It has plenty of the sorts of characters and plot elements you expect when you hear a film … Continue reading
Movie Preview: In the Vatican, young priests prep for “The World Cup for Priests,” aka “The Holy Game”
The scandal-torn Catholic Church stops playing politics and trying to spin its endless child molestation scandal, shrinking attendance, etc., to watch young priests play futbol. This documentary comes around June 29.
This August spin on “In Cold Blood” type of murder in Virginia opens in August.
They’re calling it “Cinema Week.” AMC Theatres is Offering All You Can Eat Popcorn as it unfolds. https://t.co/y9Dw3NvGHl https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1407112014384730112?s=20