Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2021
Documentary Review: An “Unsolved Mystery” solved? “An Unknown Compelling Force” looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
Former photojournalist and cinematographer Liam Le Guillou brings a lot of Werner Herzog drama and breathless, narrated suspense to his feature documentary debut, “An Unknown Compelling Force.” “Nature calls the shots out here,” he emphasizes, speaking of the snowy Ural … Continue reading
Like the Italian footballer who is its subject, “Baggio: The Divine Ponytail” leaves one feeling unsatisfied, as if we’ve seen a life and a movie that are incomplete. A biography of one of Italy’s most beloved soccer stars, but one … Continue reading
Pity the fools who can’t appreciate the magnificent mayhem of “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard,” the screaming, bustierre-busting glories of Salma Unleashed. Whatever middling “charms” the carnage-packed caper “The Hitman’s Bodyguard” wrung out of pairing up Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. … Continue reading