Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: June 9, 2021
Documentary Review: “Upheaval” lauds the life and career of Israel’s Menachem Begin
“Upheaval: The Life and Journey of Menachem Begin” is an adoring profile of the combative right wing Israeli prime minister who shared the Nobel Peace Prize with Egyptian President Anwar Sadat for courageously negotiating the Camp David Accords, ending decades … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review: “Upheaval” lauds the life and career of Israel’s Menachem Begin
Movie Preview: Jessica Chastain has “The Eyes of Tammy Faye” — coming in Sept.
And who plays her sexually ambiguous preacher-husband, Jim Bakker? Andrew Garfield. On the nose casting!
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Jessica Chastain has “The Eyes of Tammy Faye” — coming in Sept.
Movie Review: Stuck in place “In the Heights”
Embracing, immersive and inclusive, the Tony winning “In the Heights,” the musical that launched Lin-Manuel Miranda as a phenomenon, comes to the screen with its Broadway charms more or less intact. Jon M. Chu’s film has a little pathos and … Continue reading