Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 24, 2021
This has a life and wit and energy to it that grabs you. Slam poets as performers in a street musical, “Summertime” opens July 9, expanding the following week.
Showbiz is littered with “make your deal with the Devil” allegories, a lot of them with Harvey Weinstein as the punch line. And that’s what the horror comedy “Too Late” toys around with, that “You came into this with open … Continue reading
July 6 home video plays host to “evil has a new queen.” https://youtu.be/V-I4XuPlNVo
That first encounter with your new neighbors, after you’ve bought that new-to-you house, is always a little fraught. Especially when this is their introductory line. “You know what happened there, right?” No. And where were you BEFORE we made our … Continue reading
“Security” is an Italian mystery stuffed with enough characters — each with a “secret” — that it’s a wonder Stephen Amidon‘s novel wasn’t turned into a limited streaming series instead of a movie. It’s a wholly Italian tale — in … Continue reading