Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Netflixable? Shailene and Felicity are connected by "The Last Letter from Your Lover"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 19, 2021
Let’s coin a new phrase, one any movie lover will instantly “get” thanks to the state of cinema in the Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/Disney+ era. What’s a movie we’d describe as “streaming length?” It’s one that could stand editing, but run on and … Continue reading
Nothing in all your or my years of watching movies will prepare you for the utter glee Malcolm McDowell expresses the moment of his “big reveal” in the 1979 WWII action pic, “The Passage.” As an SS sadist chasing a … Continue reading
Movie Review: Canadian teen wants to keep her secret, and the baby she sees as “Les Notres (Our Own)”
A reminder to parents who might consider checking out the suspenseful Canadian drama “Les Notres” in a cinema. It’s rude to throw things at the screen, and not great manners to shout at it. But variations of “Oh COME on!” … Continue reading