Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2021
There’s a touching moment near the end of “Dancing Queens,” the new Swedish dramedy about a young female dancer who sneaks into a drag troupe. Dylan (Molly Nutley) gets to dance a well-choreographed and photographed duet in a modern dance … Continue reading
A memory researcher hunts his mind for the one that got away, a great lost love, in this Aug. 20 release.
There’s a weight that hangs over “City of Ali,” a documentary that remembers the formative years that he spent there and the glorious funeral that Louisville threw its native son, Muhammad Ali, when he died in 2016. It’s a film … Continue reading
Shakespeare has suffered much in the centuries since his death. The plays that made him immortal have been rendered into musicals and science fiction and Westerns, Samurai epics and gangster tales. And yet he’s survived spinoffs (“Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are … Continue reading
Here is a curated selection of the ways the avenging hitman/enforcer they call “Maximo” dispatches his foes in “Xtreme (Extremo).” There’re knives, pistols, assault rifles and a samurai sword, a nail gun, a car lift, a VW Golf and the … Continue reading