Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 3, 2021
This looks adorbs.
Beloved character actors can become a movie-lover’s idea of a perpetual underdog, somebody we root for. So it is for me with Tobin Bell. The one and only “Jigsaw” has at last escaped the “Saw” series. But it’s a shame … Continue reading
The chef and traveler is the subject of this July release from Focus Features. https://youtu.be/ihEEjwRlghQ
Documentary Review: Caregiving for your parents — “It’s Not a Burden: The Humor and Heartache of Raising Elderly Parents”
“It’s Not a Burden” interviews scores of parents being cared for, in various ways and in varying degrees, by their adult children. It’s a documentary collage of caregiving showcasing the relationships that endure, even if “the roles have reversed” and … Continue reading
How can a movie set in Brazil’s Carnival, the colorful, hedonistic Bacchanal held in the days leading up to every Ash Wednesday — unless there’s a global pandemic — come off as drab as “Carnaval?” Colorful costumes, fruity drinks, gaudy … Continue reading
Blades and fists break out in this tiny Tokyo cafe named…Hydra. July 2 the brawl breaks out on streaming.
A couple of things brought this 1950 movie to mind before it popped up on “Sunday Night Noir” a few days ago. The first was Jeff Bezos over-paying for MGM and its vast library. “Intellectual property” rights used to be … Continue reading