Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 2, 2021
The cheerful, generous employment of vintage second-gen video game graphics and a broad, goofy Nickelodeon/Disney Channel comedy touch are what the makers of the indie film “Hero Mode” hoped to skate by with. They don’t quite pull it off, but … Continue reading
The ideal person to review the new “Spirit” animated movie would be maybe nine, probably a little girl and certainly a fan of the “Spirit: Riding Free” TV series that spun off of the 2002 movie, “Spirit: Stallion of the … Continue reading
“Tove” is an utterly conventional biopic about a seriously unconventional woman. Tove Jansson was a Swedish-speaking Finnish writer, painter, cartoonist and caricaturist, one of the country’s most celebrated artists thanks to the pan-European fame her “Moomin” children’s books and comic … Continue reading
A big reason that critics and cineastes flocked to Asian thrillers and gangster movies way back when Hong Kong auteur John Woo was just starting out was the sense that Hollywood had shown us everything it had to offer in … Continue reading
Casting really good actors as the leads has paid endless dividends in “The Conjuring” films, and with every subtle, emotional gesture or realistic depiction of terror or shock, Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson make that as true in “The Conjuring: … Continue reading