Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 25, 2021
Will this make Simu Liu a big star? This opens Sept. 3.
Comic, writer and actress Iliza Shlesinger once was sued for turning away men at a show she’d labeled and limited to “for women only.” So we know where she’s coming from, playing a stand-up who finally gets that TV deal … Continue reading
Movie Preview: An American teaching in China pushes a family to embrace their child’s dyslexia in “Confetti”
Amy Irving is among the stars of this Anne Hu film, about a kid with dyslexia whose rural Chinese family and the culture around them learn about how that doesn’t need to limit the life the little girl has ahead … Continue reading
You watch enough reality TV, you know this. Ice road trucking is damned dangerous without throwing in much melodrama. So all this villainy, these snowmobile chases, ice truck bumper cars and what not that “The Ice Road” serves up? A … Continue reading
Some films achieve “classic” status and even become pop culture shorthand, but eventually find themselves dismissed as overly-earnest, “of its time,” or even “self-parody.” More than one Stanley Kramer production of the ’50s on into the ’70s has suffered that … Continue reading
A July 7 doc about “cat fanciers?” Ok.
The Sharkfin Soup fetish that is pointing “Jaws” towards extinction, courtesy of the inventor of “Torture Porn.” July 13 “Fin” comes to Discovery +.