Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2021
I’ve been arguing with people online all week about building up box office expectations for Lin-Manuel Miranda’s first big musical, “In the Heights.” It’s also showing on HBO Max, and TV is a good place for it. It’s a watchable … Continue reading
It rallies for an almost-boffo finale, with James Bond movie rescues and a James Bond Astin Martin — if spies ever drove convertibles. But “Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway,” is a curiously perfunctory affair, a laughless comedy based on the … Continue reading
People asking me “Any movies you’re looking forward to this summer?” can stop asking. My friends know when I’m Being sarcastic.
Not Disney. Not Pixar. 20th Century Studios releases this defective robot pal comedy this fall.