Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? "Silver Skates" is a lovely bore set in Tsarist Russia
- Movie Review: Sad teen wishes he could "Just Say Goodbye"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Documentary Review: BFFs since childhood, transitioning as adults -- "Jack & Yaya"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Movie Review -- "F9: The Fast Saga"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 5, 2021
“Take Me Somewhere Nice” is a deadpan Bosnian/Dutch road dramedy adrift in the aimlessness of youth. So it’s not about the haphazard, clumsy and unhurried physical “journey” that our heroine undertakes. It’s more about a restless age and a rootless … Continue reading
The Battle of Britain is one of those “finest hour” pieces of British history that almost instantly passed into legend, and has proven irresistible to filmmakers over the decades. When Winston Churchill intoned that “Never in the field of human … Continue reading
Looking back, I think that two movies shaped and/or reinforced my views on “the criminal mind,” the folks who rob, cheat, vandalize and threaten as if they were born to it. “Donnie Brasco” (1998) set in stone my hunch that … Continue reading