Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2021
Texas filmmaker Ty Roberts, whose “The Iron Orchard” was a period piece about the post-Depression Era boom in the Texas oil industry, takes on another piece of Texas lore with “12 Mighty Orphans,” about a scrappy, undersized football team of … Continue reading
This looks great and comes our way July 23. Ever heard of Alvin Ailey? The dance company named for him? Prepare to learn.
This one has a little promise, and opens July 6.
A thriller with “realistic” zombies is the smart premise behind “Awake.” If you want to see human beings turn into the walking dead, take away their sleep. Exhaustion heaped on top of panic, the shakes, impaired judgment teetering into psychosis, … Continue reading
This comes out on late July and co-stars Bruce Willis and Emile Hirsch.
Maryam has decided to run for office, a position on the municipal council in her suburban town. But her widowed father isn’t having it. And he’s trotting out his catch-phrase for everything to do with her campaigning for this office. … Continue reading
So what sort of gonzo nonsense have Antoine Fuqua and Mark Wahlberg cooked up now? “Infinite” is about humans who wander the Earth, “gifted with a memory of all their past lives.” Wahlberg plays an “Infinite” who has forgotten his. … Continue reading