Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 29, 2021
Look for this no-name-stars comedy July 30.
Well, knock me over and take my movie reviewing license for a year. A good Megan Fox movie? Will wonders never cease? Just this week, the long-ago flash in the cinematic pan was desperately floating “date Angelina Jolie” suggestions as … Continue reading
The effect is more jarring than subtle, and it instantly sets “Black Widow” apart from your average Marvel comic book action movie. We aren’t watching digital superheroes brawl in a blur of digital effects, digital backgrounds and the like. There’s … Continue reading
A pretty bad horror comedy briefly takes a turn for the better when its biggest “name” makes his “star entrance.” “Let Us In” is advertised as a “Candyman/Slenderman” take on the “black-eyed kids” urban legend — pale, otherworldly children and … Continue reading
The technical approach to this one has me intrigued. Might this appeal to the tiny the target audience? I think it might. September 17 we find out. https://youtu.be/4zH5iYM4wJo