Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 7, 2020
A nerve-wracking Korean heist-gone-wrong thriller goes seriously wrong itself when “Time to Hunt (Sanyangeui sigan)” devolves into straight-up melodrama. An ill-conceived armed-robbery, a naive “crew” that figures it’s gotten away clean when it hasn’t, and all the resources of the … Continue reading
A couple of days late getting to this, but longtime Gannett Newspapers film critic Jack Garner died over the weekend. I used to run into him at film festivals, Hollywood and New York new-release junkets, etc., a hard guy to … Continue reading
“Relic” may be shrouded in gloom and fog, draped in the trappings of many a haunted house thriller. But its most revealing lines of dialogue can be appreciated by everyone, even those who don’t believe a house can be haunted. … Continue reading
So if churches are getting payroll relief stimulus just like any other business, they should be subject to the same other times as any other business, right? That’s the logic applied to this suit. Churches aren’t “special.” They are like … Continue reading
“Archive” is a slick, moody sci-fi mashup, a thoughtful thriller cobbled together from a lot of better films that came before it. The central premise — a scientist tries to engineer a robot to hold his wife’s “soul” — has … Continue reading