Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: PR pros improvise "How to Fake a War"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Latte and the Magic Waterstone" is for kids who've just given up the sippy cup
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 9, 2020
Maybe it was my recent viewing/reviewing of the “‘Showgirls’ Reconsidered’” documentary “You Don’t Nomi” that stopped me in my channel-surfing tracks when I saw the name “Joe Eszterhas” on the credits to a movie I’d missed. Yes, “Telling Lies in … Continue reading
There’s something about the rugged, rawboned Danish actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau that says “ex-con.” We see it, when we can get past the “Game of Thrones” persona HBO made for him. And he sees it, which is why he’s made … Continue reading