Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Suffering from Amnesia, trying to rebuild the last "32 Weeks"
- Netflixable? On the road in India, with nothing but "Liar's Dice" to rely on
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 9, 2020
Maybe it was my recent viewing/reviewing of the “‘Showgirls’ Reconsidered’” documentary “You Don’t Nomi” that stopped me in my channel-surfing tracks when I saw the name “Joe Eszterhas” on the credits to a movie I’d missed. Yes, “Telling Lies in … Continue reading
There’s something about the rugged, rawboned Danish actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau that says “ex-con.” We see it, when we can get past the “Game of Thrones” persona HBO made for him. And he sees it, which is why he’s made … Continue reading