Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: PR pros improvise "How to Fake a War"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Latte and the Magic Waterstone" is for kids who've just given up the sippy cup
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 14, 2020
There’s a little Kanye cray cray at play in this Aug. 7 release. Pop/hip hop star with delusions of grandeur gets bent when peace breaks out BEFORE his big charity concert. And he –Jay Pharaoh — ain’t having it.
On July 31, Scottish director Kevin Macdonald’s 2012 documentary “Marley” returns to theaters and streaming to celebrate what would have been the Jamaican reggae singer/songwriter’s 75th birthday. Check your local art cinema website to see if they’re showing it. Below, … Continue reading
Hey, whoa, the horror movies of August, amIright?
Early August, the fun and the fear come to light.
You can’t grade movies on the curve, as much as filmmakers wish you would. It’s all about story, and characters and performance and entertainment value. Budget, “degree of difficulty” getting it made don’t matter. But if they did, that might … Continue reading
They don’t carry around that California fear of “The Big One” in Japan. Earthquakes have always been a fact of life, and what we see on the news and from experts there shows a resolve, an ability to live with … Continue reading
Wide-eyed Lucy Hale takes her shot at a rom-com wrapped in a sex farce with “A Nice Girl Like You,” whose title gives away the game, and its central failing. The “Pretty Little Liars” pixie, most recently seen in the … Continue reading