Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 30, 2020
The amorality that is obvious about Tomasz Giemza, from the first moment we meet him, had to have set in years before. He’s still young and in college — law school, no less. But the plagiarism which gets … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Evan Rachel Wood “skims” on behalf of Debra Winger and Richard Jenkins in “Kajillionaire”
Was writer-director Miranda July at least “inspired” by the Oscar nominated Japanese drama “Shoplifters?” She’s not saying. But “Kajillionaire,” more a dramedy — colorfully comic con artists, until their “daughter” figures out she’s being used — than a drama, certainly … Continue reading
When it hits Amy, it arrives in a rush. She jams Elisabeth Kübler Ross’s “Five Stages of Grief” into a single night, at most just hours. Amy (Katie Lyn Sheil) will blast through “denial” and “bargaining” and go straight to … Continue reading
The new Epix series “Helter Skelter: An American Myth,” weaves its story out of the culture’s collective memory of LA’s infamous Tate-LaBianca murders, committed by drug-addled cultists in the thrall of Charles Manson. In half a dozen episodes, documentarian Lesley … Continue reading