Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 1, 2020
A little Euro sco-fi/horror to fill your nightmares? Streams July 7.
OK kids, gather round for today’s lesson in “How to get it done” in the movies. “Homewrecker” is a C-movie with justifiable delusions of B-movie glory. One simple premise, a couple of characters and a house you aren’t afraid to … Continue reading
I was joking with a critic friend online that I might have to give the aged Vietnam Vets on “one last mission” comedy “Never Too Late” a better review than Spike Lee’s aged Vietnam Vets on “one last … Continue reading
Quarantined America earns a lovely July 4 present as Disney+ presents “Hamilton,” the stage sensation, this weekend instead of making us wait until the fall of next year to see what all the hoopla’s been about. This is the show, … Continue reading