Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 1, 2020
A little Euro sco-fi/horror to fill your nightmares? Streams July 7.
OK kids, gather round for today’s lesson in “How to get it done” in the movies. “Homewrecker” is a C-movie with justifiable delusions of B-movie glory. One simple premise, a couple of characters and a house you aren’t afraid to … Continue reading
I was joking with a critic friend online that I might have to give the aged Vietnam Vets on “one last mission” comedy “Never Too Late” a better review than Spike Lee’s aged Vietnam Vets on “one last … Continue reading
Quarantined America earns a lovely July 4 present as Disney+ presents “Hamilton,” the stage sensation, this weekend instead of making us wait until the fall of next year to see what all the hoopla’s been about. This is the show, … Continue reading