Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2020
Movie Preview: Yet another version of “The Most Dangerous Game” — this time in Cambodian — “The Prey”
Aug 21-28 this Jimmy Henderson “Let’s hunt convicts in the jungles of SE Asia” thriller streams.
“Lake of Death (De dødes tjern)” is a mildly creepy Norwegian thriller about a “haunted” lake and a young woman (Iben Akerlie) haunted by guilt over her long-missing twin brother. It’s built on horror conventions that go back to Edgar … Continue reading
A child is separated from his parents, who spend years searching for him during Cambodia’s Khmer Rouge holocaust, in the simply but elegantly animated drama “Funan.” It’s another version of “The Killing Fields,” with somewhat less killing. Gunfire only erupts … Continue reading
Olga Kurylenko is the disturbed mother, Claes Bang of “The Square” and “The Girl in the Spider’s Web” is the husband. And Brian Cox is here to keep everybody calm in the face of, well, you’ll see. “The Bay of … Continue reading
Orlando Bloom frittered away his A-list movie star years acting in action franchises and coupling with models, starlets and pop stars. But every now and again, usually in a movie nobody gets around to seeing, he reminds us he can … Continue reading