Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2020
Movie Preview: Yet another version of “The Most Dangerous Game” — this time in Cambodian — “The Prey”
Aug 21-28 this Jimmy Henderson “Let’s hunt convicts in the jungles of SE Asia” thriller streams.
“Lake of Death (De dødes tjern)” is a mildly creepy Norwegian thriller about a “haunted” lake and a young woman (Iben Akerlie) haunted by guilt over her long-missing twin brother. It’s built on horror conventions that go back to Edgar … Continue reading
A child is separated from his parents, who spend years searching for him during Cambodia’s Khmer Rouge holocaust, in the simply but elegantly animated drama “Funan.” It’s another version of “The Killing Fields,” with somewhat less killing. Gunfire only erupts … Continue reading
Olga Kurylenko is the disturbed mother, Claes Bang of “The Square” and “The Girl in the Spider’s Web” is the husband. And Brian Cox is here to keep everybody calm in the face of, well, you’ll see. “The Bay of … Continue reading
Orlando Bloom frittered away his A-list movie star years acting in action franchises and coupling with models, starlets and pop stars. But every now and again, usually in a movie nobody gets around to seeing, he reminds us he can … Continue reading