Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2020
Movie Preview: Yet another version of “The Most Dangerous Game” — this time in Cambodian — “The Prey”
Aug 21-28 this Jimmy Henderson “Let’s hunt convicts in the jungles of SE Asia” thriller streams.
“Lake of Death (De dødes tjern)” is a mildly creepy Norwegian thriller about a “haunted” lake and a young woman (Iben Akerlie) haunted by guilt over her long-missing twin brother. It’s built on horror conventions that go back to Edgar … Continue reading
A child is separated from his parents, who spend years searching for him during Cambodia’s Khmer Rouge holocaust, in the simply but elegantly animated drama “Funan.” It’s another version of “The Killing Fields,” with somewhat less killing. Gunfire only erupts … Continue reading
Olga Kurylenko is the disturbed mother, Claes Bang of “The Square” and “The Girl in the Spider’s Web” is the husband. And Brian Cox is here to keep everybody calm in the face of, well, you’ll see. “The Bay of … Continue reading
Orlando Bloom frittered away his A-list movie star years acting in action franchises and coupling with models, starlets and pop stars. But every now and again, usually in a movie nobody gets around to seeing, he reminds us he can … Continue reading