Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 2, 2020
Robots and Theo James and Stacey Martin and Rhona Mitra, with Toby Jones as the heavy. July 10 it streams.
The singer Duffy experienced something akin to the perverse kidnap/rape fantasy depicted in this Italian Netflix “romantic thriller.” So she’s naturally a little peeved Netflix would finance an Italian thriller in the “50 Shades” veinan Italian thriller in the “50 … Continue reading
Plenty of Brits have mined this video material to settle arguments about the happy not-quite-accident that brought together the ensemble that became “Monty Python’s Flying Circus.” But now Americans can renew that debate as Tubi, one of the free TV … Continue reading
Many a thriller has hung its hat on a “big reveal” that was only suitable for hanging itself out to dry. So it is with “Ingenium,” a tense-if-not-exasperating sci-fi mystery from Germany. You pay attention. You follow the clues. You … Continue reading
Here’s a tepid little “Sex in the Chilean City” that has the odd amusing moment, thanks to a game cast that’s better than the lame script. “Mujeres Arriba (Women on Top)” is built around sexually frustrated Teresa, “Saint Teresita” as … Continue reading
Grown men and women weep upon meeting him. His aids good-naturedly grump about what it’s like to try to get the man to a plane on time. Because a walk through an airport might involve 200 stops, requests to shake … Continue reading
Bobby Soto and George Lopez are here to tell this gang protection money murderer that “You’re bad, but you ain’t that bad.” But it is Shia LaBeouf who has the title role in the new LA gangland thriller from the … Continue reading