Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 5, 2020
“The F**k-It List?” What a crock of s**t. An “edgy” teen comedy bereft of laughs, wrapped in “life lessons” and nestled in privilege, it is as infuriating an entry in the “graduation” genre as Hollywood has produced. That’s an important … Continue reading
If “The Tobacconist” didn’t put veteran Austrian TV director Nikolas Leytner into therapy, he must be a stronger soul than we mere mortals. He had a best-selling novel by Robert Seethaler as material, Vienna “between the World Wars” as his … Continue reading
Rewatching Christopher Nolan’s break out picture. A guy who loses his memories overnight, and tattoos clues on his person to allow him to pursue and punish his tormentors? Ok. Joey Pants as a weasel who flatters and ingratiates himself and … Continue reading