Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Preview: Netflix gets in the Queen Latifah business with a road-trip thriller -- "End of the Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Movie Review: She's baaaaack -- "Orphan: First Kill"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Documentary Review: A Town's Jewish Populace Erased, Preserved in "Three Minutes: A Lengthening"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 5, 2020
“The F**k-It List?” What a crock of s**t. An “edgy” teen comedy bereft of laughs, wrapped in “life lessons” and nestled in privilege, it is as infuriating an entry in the “graduation” genre as Hollywood has produced. That’s an important … Continue reading
If “The Tobacconist” didn’t put veteran Austrian TV director Nikolas Leytner into therapy, he must be a stronger soul than we mere mortals. He had a best-selling novel by Robert Seethaler as material, Vienna “between the World Wars” as his … Continue reading
Rewatching Christopher Nolan’s break out picture. A guy who loses his memories overnight, and tattoos clues on his person to allow him to pursue and punish his tormentors? Ok. Joey Pants as a weasel who flatters and ingratiates himself and … Continue reading