Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: "At Night Comes Wolves"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 28, 2020
Voltage pictures has this Oct. 2 romance with Josephine Langford and a fellow called Hero Fiennes Tiffin Redgrave Burton Olivier. Some of those, anyway.
“Good men do bad things,” the speech begins, promisingly enough. “And bad men do good things.” And then, the punchline — “If I can’t stop a beast like him, what’s my purpose?” The bloke delivering those lines is “geezer” … Continue reading
The Muppets return from that abortive “adult” mockumentary TV series Disney/ABC attempted a few years back with “Muppets Now,” a device-friendly Disney Plus series that won’t make anybody forget their 1970s heyday. Which is kind of the idea. The original … Continue reading
Here we have the hit of the Beloit Film Festival, a twee little nothing of a British road comedy contrived to tickle, now and again, and nothing more. “Above the Clouds” finally earns wide release via the many content-starved free … Continue reading
Movie Review: Immigrants try to get out, Greeks try to cope with them in “Amerika Square (Plateia Amerikis)”
It helps to think of“xenophobia” being explained by Michael Constantine, the amusing Greco-proud poppa of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” “From the Greek,” he’d say, “‘xeno,’ which means ‘stranger,’ and ‘phobos,’ which means fear.” Fear of foreigners. Kind of an … Continue reading