Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2020
A vacation that goes wrong, a daughter kidnapped. This one’s due out Aug. 21.
Bloom is in “The Outpost,” which has done quite well as a streaming title. And now, this Friday, comes “Retaliation.” Legolas is gone. The tabloid headlines? Fading. Maybe he’ll start showing us something again, and not his naked butt on … Continue reading
“Fatal Attraction” became such a cinematic touchstone that attempting a screen knockoff of it can’t be judged a crime. Granted, nobody has pulled off the hot and sexy, creepy and gonzo “my paramour is now my stalker” thing as well. … Continue reading
The producers of “Most Wanted” struggled over the title of their Canadian film “inspired by” the true story of a junkie and a reporter caught up in the fallout of a police drug sting that went wrong — VERY wrong. … Continue reading
The great Italian director Luchino Visconti made films across a variety of genres, some of them “neo-realistic” and contemporary, such “Rocco and his Brother” and “Sandra.” But like other Italians of his generation, his passion was opera — working in … Continue reading