Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 20, 2020
A vacation that goes wrong, a daughter kidnapped. This one’s due out Aug. 21.
Bloom is in “The Outpost,” which has done quite well as a streaming title. And now, this Friday, comes “Retaliation.” Legolas is gone. The tabloid headlines? Fading. Maybe he’ll start showing us something again, and not his naked butt on … Continue reading
“Fatal Attraction” became such a cinematic touchstone that attempting a screen knockoff of it can’t be judged a crime. Granted, nobody has pulled off the hot and sexy, creepy and gonzo “my paramour is now my stalker” thing as well. … Continue reading
The producers of “Most Wanted” struggled over the title of their Canadian film “inspired by” the true story of a junkie and a reporter caught up in the fallout of a police drug sting that went wrong — VERY wrong. … Continue reading
The great Italian director Luchino Visconti made films across a variety of genres, some of them “neo-realistic” and contemporary, such “Rocco and his Brother” and “Sandra.” But like other Italians of his generation, his passion was opera — working in … Continue reading