Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 24, 2020
Casper Von Diem is der villain in this action pic from Voltage pictures. Samaire Armstrong and William Katt, the onetime “Greatest American Hero,” also star in this one, which might be slated for Dec. Or might have moved up, since … Continue reading
The kids are facing a grim school year, no matter which way the COVID turns. They could use a little end-of-summer escape. And with most cinemas still closed, it’s up to the Kings of Teen Romance, Netflix, to provide it. … Continue reading
Regarding “Amulet,” the words of Abraham Lincoln, the First Movie Critic, come to mind. “Those who like this sort of thing might find it the sort of thing they like.” I see this horror tale from actress (“Suffragette” and TV’s … Continue reading
What qualities makes a children’s book or cartoon series translate across languages and cultures? Why would anime like “Gigantor” and “Speed Racer,” books and animated TV and films about “Babar” and “The Smurfs” become universal, while “Asterix” and “Arthur and … Continue reading