Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 11, 2020
A July 24 release, bit of a departure for Ms. Slate.
The iconic fashion, art and portrait photographer Helmut Newton (1920-2004) described himself, half-dismissively, as “a professional voyeur.” Elaborating, he said “I photograph a body, a face, legs…” Always women. Typically nude. Often provocatively posed and photographed. One of his favorite … Continue reading
Damn this is fun. “Mucho Mucho Amor” is a documentary that takes many of us back to that first time we caught a load of Walter Mercado, Puerto Rico’s astrologer to the masses, a Liberace/Elton/Cher flamboyant showman who brought old … Continue reading
Jesse Williams and Jordana Brewster also star in this thriller about comic book writers who wonder about the connection between their work and“Random Acts of Violence.”This one opens Aug. 20.
The culinary term “Nose to Tail” is a philosophy — a chef who turns her or his talents to finding a use for everything in a purchased carcass in the food served at the restaurant. You don’t have to go … Continue reading