Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 25, 2020
Ahh, the flipping comic book pages of the Marvel Studios logo, the voice-over narration meant to lend gravitas and personality to the caped and spandexed adventure to follow. Here’s the first scene to “New Mutants,” because the old ones were … Continue reading
It’s long enough ago that a lot of people don’t remember it. But Times Square wasn’t always a tourist haven. New York used to be broke, and broken. Vast stretches of New York City were wastelands, with nightly “insurance claim” … Continue reading
A chance encounter, a crime committed by a relative and well-ordered lives, in a country famous for them, fall to pieces in the Japanese drama “A Girl Missing.” It’s another intimate portrait of a mannered, particularly Japanese way of unraveling … Continue reading