Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: PR pros improvise "How to Fake a War"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Latte and the Magic Waterstone" is for kids who've just given up the sippy cup
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 25, 2020
Ahh, the flipping comic book pages of the Marvel Studios logo, the voice-over narration meant to lend gravitas and personality to the caped and spandexed adventure to follow. Here’s the first scene to “New Mutants,” because the old ones were … Continue reading
It’s long enough ago that a lot of people don’t remember it. But Times Square wasn’t always a tourist haven. New York used to be broke, and broken. Vast stretches of New York City were wastelands, with nightly “insurance claim” … Continue reading
A chance encounter, a crime committed by a relative and well-ordered lives, in a country famous for them, fall to pieces in the Japanese drama “A Girl Missing.” It’s another intimate portrait of a mannered, particularly Japanese way of unraveling … Continue reading