Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 15, 2020
Movie Preview: Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon Levitt pair up for “Project Power”
Another “magical pill” moral dilemma thriller of the sci fi “evolution of the human species” genre. Have we seen a few of those? With Bradley and Ryan et al? But this is from…NETFLIX.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon Levitt pair up for “Project Power”
Documentary Review: “Father Soldier Son” portrays a military family’s struggles
For a film as understated as it is, “Father Soldier Son” tackles a lot of issues and does a lot of explaining. The touching, intimate documentary is about tradition, legacy, masculinity and most importantly, I think, choices. That “camo mania” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review: “Father Soldier Son” portrays a military family’s struggles
Movie Review: “Easy Does It” makes everything look hard
“Easy Does It” sets out to be a pleasantly jokey and junkie homage to the “on the lam” road trip thrillers of the ’70s. It’s got the period music (cover versions), two yahoo partners in crime, the ’60s vintage Mustang, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Easy Does It” makes everything look hard
Movie Review: Regal Deneuve, fiery Binoche, laid-back Hawke glow in “The Truth”
We can tell, in an instant, that “The Truth” is going to be a lot less consequential than writer-director Hirokazu Koreeda’s previous film, the Oscar-nominated “Shoplifters.” That had crime and mystery and side of Japanese life that few filmmakers there … Continue reading