Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2020
A young, gay and lovelorn filmmaker tries to confirm he didn’t just die or go into a monastery after making a splash with his debut film, by releasing and publicizing his second. We finally get Simon Amstell’s“Benjamin” in streaming release … Continue reading
The comic book adaptation “The Old Guard” is more interesting for its “changing of the guard” politics than anything it puts on screen. Netflix made it, wrote a big check for a franchise built around Oscar winner Charlize Theron, with … Continue reading
Love this guy. I follow him on Twitter. VERY outspoken liberal. I don’t watch the HBO series he’s currently in. But I recognize him. Do you? Another clue. My name and what an actor who has the same name is … Continue reading
The midway point in the low-budget sci-fi thriller “Volition” is a real make-or-break moment. It’s there that this film about a clairvoyant who tries to avert the doom he sees in his future takes a turn and adds on baggage. … Continue reading
The Danish mini-series “When the Dust Settles” invites a sweeping generalization, if you compare it to most English language limited-run dramatic TV series. Typically, your average Northern European program of this sort demands more from the viewer. It’s not just … Continue reading