Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: PR pros improvise "How to Fake a War"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Latte and the Magic Waterstone" is for kids who've just given up the sippy cup
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2020
The children’s fantasy “Animal Crackers” didn’t deserve to be left on the shelf, which I am sure the folks who made it will be relieved to hear. It’s been finished since 2017, never gaining distribution in North America, barely … Continue reading
Boy, much respect for this distributor, which has turned out some winners. But this Aug. 4 release looks amateurish, campy in an unintentional way.
Cosmo Jarvis punches above his weight in the film that announces his arrival as a cinematic force to be reckoned with in “The Shadow of Violence.” It’s a Tom Hardy-sized performance in the sort of role Hardy tackled early on, … Continue reading