Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 26, 2020
The children’s fantasy “Animal Crackers” didn’t deserve to be left on the shelf, which I am sure the folks who made it will be relieved to hear. It’s been finished since 2017, never gaining distribution in North America, barely … Continue reading
Boy, much respect for this distributor, which has turned out some winners. But this Aug. 4 release looks amateurish, campy in an unintentional way.
Cosmo Jarvis punches above his weight in the film that announces his arrival as a cinematic force to be reckoned with in “The Shadow of Violence.” It’s a Tom Hardy-sized performance in the sort of role Hardy tackled early on, … Continue reading