Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2019
Preview: “Hail Satan?” hits those who would impose religion on politics where they live — right in the pitchfork
Oh, I am DYING to see this one. Probably need to get around to repenting before I do, come to think of it. “Hail Satan?” opens in limited release April 19.
Documentary Review: “Time for Ilhan” gets past the controversy revealing Islamic Congresswoman’s Life story and values
This might seem an odd moment to be releasing a documentary about the meteoric rise of freshwoman U.S. Representative Ilhan Omar from Minnesota’s Fifth Congressional District. Forget the fact that the almost-worshipful “Time for Ilhan” was directed by Norah Shapiro. … Continue reading
Funny thing about that Cockney bloke, Maurice Micklewhite, aka Michael Caine. The raconteur you’ve seen on TV chat shows for half a century is pretty much the fellow you get on the printed page. He’s a polished storyteller, great with … Continue reading
Liberated and liberating, “Captain Marvel” swoops onto the screen with baggage, expectations and a comic book bragging rights agenda. It plays like an extension of that age old “Anything you can do, I can do better” Marvel/DC publishing grudge … Continue reading