Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2019
Preview: “Hail Satan?” hits those who would impose religion on politics where they live — right in the pitchfork
Oh, I am DYING to see this one. Probably need to get around to repenting before I do, come to think of it. “Hail Satan?” opens in limited release April 19.
Documentary Review: “Time for Ilhan” gets past the controversy revealing Islamic Congresswoman’s Life story and values
This might seem an odd moment to be releasing a documentary about the meteoric rise of freshwoman U.S. Representative Ilhan Omar from Minnesota’s Fifth Congressional District. Forget the fact that the almost-worshipful “Time for Ilhan” was directed by Norah Shapiro. … Continue reading
Funny thing about that Cockney bloke, Maurice Micklewhite, aka Michael Caine. The raconteur you’ve seen on TV chat shows for half a century is pretty much the fellow you get on the printed page. He’s a polished storyteller, great with … Continue reading
Liberated and liberating, “Captain Marvel” swoops onto the screen with baggage, expectations and a comic book bragging rights agenda. It plays like an extension of that age old “Anything you can do, I can do better” Marvel/DC publishing grudge … Continue reading