Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2019
“Iran” and “comedy” don’t often see themselves in the same sentence, but “3 Faces” is the latest entry in that rarest of cinema sub-genres. Jafar Panahi, who made “Tehran Taxi” and the darkly funny/socially-biting “Offsides,” finds wry laughs amid the … Continue reading
WEEKEND MOVIES: Old Broads rule as “Madea” makes her exit, “Greta” grabs an audience, “A Star is Born” returns and “Green Book” takes a victory lap
“How to Train Your Dragon 3” will still sit atop the top of the box office heap on this its second weekend. The only curiosity about that fact is how much audience will the kiddie cartoon lose on its second … Continue reading