Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 21, 2019
A city of beauty, history, culture and affluence — a city that has, as the film’s title implies — almost emptied of the people who helped make it what it is. This poetic and reflective A24 release, “The Last Black … Continue reading
If you want to film a Western, you could do worse than Bonanza Creek (Movie) Ranch in Sante Fe, New Mexico. It’s got a vivid sense of a place and time, unspoiled vistas and striking topography. And there are … Continue reading
Creepy. Writer-director Roxanne Benjamin finds terror in a woman alone in the wilderness. “Body at Brighton Rock” arrives in theaters and VOD at the end of April — April 26 to be exact.
For years, Steubenville, Ohio was thought of as, well, the hometown of crooner, actor and “Rat Pack” hipster Dean Martin — when it was thought of at all. In the summer of 2012, you could find its other source of … Continue reading