Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Blaxploitation is back, and beautiful, with "Queen & Slim"
- Movie Review: "21 Bridges" is a bridge or two or three or four too far
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2019
I’ll let you know how it goes. I think the embargo’s off Tuesday AM.
Here’s a bracing blast from the past, a time capsule of Jamaican London and the prehistory of hip hop via its dub reggae birth parent. Franco Rosso’s “Babylon,” a 1980 near-classic that had little in the line of a real … Continue reading
Four academics, experts in their fields, have been summoned to a dingy, cedar-paneled basement office in a remote Chilean astronomic observatory. Each was exceedingly flattered by the invitation, by a famous scientist legendary for his secrecy. But when the door … Continue reading
Netflix has responded to Steven Spielberg’s reported efforts to ensure that the Academy Awards, for over 90 years the showcase for honoring the best THEATRICAL motion pictures the world experiences in MOVIE THEATERS, makes Netflix play by the same rules … Continue reading