Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 4, 2019
Next Screening? It’s “Captain Marvel” time
I’ll let you know how it goes. I think the embargo’s off Tuesday AM.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening? It’s “Captain Marvel” time
Movie Review: “Babylon” is back, a classic slice of Jamaican-London-dub reggae life
Here’s a bracing blast from the past, a time capsule of Jamaican London and the prehistory of hip hop via its dub reggae birth parent. Franco Rosso’s “Babylon,” a 1980 near-classic that had little in the line of a real … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Babylon” is back, a classic slice of Jamaican-London-dub reggae life
Movie Review: The Multiverse reaches its nexus in “Tangent Room”
Four academics, experts in their fields, have been summoned to a dingy, cedar-paneled basement office in a remote Chilean astronomic observatory. Each was exceedingly flattered by the invitation, by a famous scientist legendary for his secrecy. But when the door … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: The Multiverse reaches its nexus in “Tangent Room”
Netflix “disrupting” the Oscars — Is Spielberg right?
Netflix has responded to Steven Spielberg’s reported efforts to ensure that the Academy Awards, for over 90 years the showcase for honoring the best THEATRICAL motion pictures the world experiences in MOVIE THEATERS, makes Netflix play by the same rules … Continue reading