Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2019
Movie Review: McGovern is still in “Downton” wear, if not “Downton” role as “The Chaperone” to Flapper Haley Lu
The pitch has a hint of “madcap” about it. A teenage spitfire and future rebellious movie starlet goes to New York at 16, accompanied by an older and over-matched chaperone. But even though “The Chaperone” is coming to theaters, it’s … Continue reading
PBS is putting this in theaters at the end of March. It looks very…PBS. “Downton Abbey Lite,” maybe?A quid pro quo to bring McGovern back for a last blast of the Abbey? It’s lovely that she’s found an era that … Continue reading