Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2019
Movie Review: McGovern is still in “Downton” wear, if not “Downton” role as “The Chaperone” to Flapper Haley Lu
The pitch has a hint of “madcap” about it. A teenage spitfire and future rebellious movie starlet goes to New York at 16, accompanied by an older and over-matched chaperone. But even though “The Chaperone” is coming to theaters, it’s … Continue reading
PBS is putting this in theaters at the end of March. It looks very…PBS. “Downton Abbey Lite,” maybe?A quid pro quo to bring McGovern back for a last blast of the Abbey? It’s lovely that she’s found an era that … Continue reading