Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2019
Movie Review: McGovern is still in “Downton” wear, if not “Downton” role as “The Chaperone” to Flapper Haley Lu
The pitch has a hint of “madcap” about it. A teenage spitfire and future rebellious movie starlet goes to New York at 16, accompanied by an older and over-matched chaperone. But even though “The Chaperone” is coming to theaters, it’s … Continue reading
PBS is putting this in theaters at the end of March. It looks very…PBS. “Downton Abbey Lite,” maybe?A quid pro quo to bring McGovern back for a last blast of the Abbey? It’s lovely that she’s found an era that … Continue reading