Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 2, 2019
We meet Steve at what might be his lowest — 60, alone, weeping and brooding. It’s a bottle-by-the-bed/pistol to the head moment. Steve, played by J.K. Simmons, long ago discovered what the writer Mark Lawrence observed in his “Prince of … Continue reading
OK, this is starting to look like some seriously twisted goings on. Love Harbour’s take on the character, and I have to say, it’s had to grow on me because I was quite amused by Ron Perlman’s hulking slow-burn version … Continue reading
There are a lot of cartoons in cinemas this weekend — “Lego Movie: The Second Part,” “Into the Spider-Verse.” And let’s be brutally blunt, “How to Train Your Dragon 3” isn’t all that. Once audiences started seeing it, those comically … Continue reading
I guess it was too much to hope that Tyler Perry would send the old broad off in style. He’s losing the dress, the fake chest, the wigs and the wildly uneven makeup and bidding everybody’s favorite auntie … Continue reading