Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2019
First of all, nobody managed the “macho jerk guy who becomes a woman” movie thing better than Ellen Barkin in “Switch.” Blake “Pink Panther” Edwards writing and directing, and the sexy Barkin — all gross and profane and genuinely puzzled … Continue reading
Here you go. Sensational re-creation of Hollywood — the film biz (on the B-movie backlots) circa 1969. Great role for Brad Pitt, jaded/funny stunt man. Leo D. gets to send up his Oscar winning ladies man “movie star” image. No … Continue reading
Here’s one to catch at Red Box, on Netflix or your favorite “family” movie channel. Everything about “Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase” says, firmly and with conviction, “TV movie.” Sophia Lillis, who played a young Amy Adams … Continue reading
“Us” isn’t the scintillating, scary satiric indictment of racism in America that “Get Out” was. So by that measure, it’s a disappointment. But Jordan Peele’s made another horror film that will have audiences chattering in tones of “What’s it REALLY … Continue reading