Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2019
First of all, nobody managed the “macho jerk guy who becomes a woman” movie thing better than Ellen Barkin in “Switch.” Blake “Pink Panther” Edwards writing and directing, and the sexy Barkin — all gross and profane and genuinely puzzled … Continue reading
Here you go. Sensational re-creation of Hollywood — the film biz (on the B-movie backlots) circa 1969. Great role for Brad Pitt, jaded/funny stunt man. Leo D. gets to send up his Oscar winning ladies man “movie star” image. No … Continue reading
Here’s one to catch at Red Box, on Netflix or your favorite “family” movie channel. Everything about “Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase” says, firmly and with conviction, “TV movie.” Sophia Lillis, who played a young Amy Adams … Continue reading
“Us” isn’t the scintillating, scary satiric indictment of racism in America that “Get Out” was. So by that measure, it’s a disappointment. But Jordan Peele’s made another horror film that will have audiences chattering in tones of “What’s it REALLY … Continue reading