Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2019
First of all, nobody managed the “macho jerk guy who becomes a woman” movie thing better than Ellen Barkin in “Switch.” Blake “Pink Panther” Edwards writing and directing, and the sexy Barkin — all gross and profane and genuinely puzzled … Continue reading
Here you go. Sensational re-creation of Hollywood — the film biz (on the B-movie backlots) circa 1969. Great role for Brad Pitt, jaded/funny stunt man. Leo D. gets to send up his Oscar winning ladies man “movie star” image. No … Continue reading
Here’s one to catch at Red Box, on Netflix or your favorite “family” movie channel. Everything about “Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase” says, firmly and with conviction, “TV movie.” Sophia Lillis, who played a young Amy Adams … Continue reading
“Us” isn’t the scintillating, scary satiric indictment of racism in America that “Get Out” was. So by that measure, it’s a disappointment. But Jordan Peele’s made another horror film that will have audiences chattering in tones of “What’s it REALLY … Continue reading