Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2019
First of all, nobody managed the “macho jerk guy who becomes a woman” movie thing better than Ellen Barkin in “Switch.” Blake “Pink Panther” Edwards writing and directing, and the sexy Barkin — all gross and profane and genuinely puzzled … Continue reading
Here you go. Sensational re-creation of Hollywood — the film biz (on the B-movie backlots) circa 1969. Great role for Brad Pitt, jaded/funny stunt man. Leo D. gets to send up his Oscar winning ladies man “movie star” image. No … Continue reading
Here’s one to catch at Red Box, on Netflix or your favorite “family” movie channel. Everything about “Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase” says, firmly and with conviction, “TV movie.” Sophia Lillis, who played a young Amy Adams … Continue reading
“Us” isn’t the scintillating, scary satiric indictment of racism in America that “Get Out” was. So by that measure, it’s a disappointment. But Jordan Peele’s made another horror film that will have audiences chattering in tones of “What’s it REALLY … Continue reading