Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 20, 2019
First of all, nobody managed the “macho jerk guy who becomes a woman” movie thing better than Ellen Barkin in “Switch.” Blake “Pink Panther” Edwards writing and directing, and the sexy Barkin — all gross and profane and genuinely puzzled … Continue reading
Here you go. Sensational re-creation of Hollywood — the film biz (on the B-movie backlots) circa 1969. Great role for Brad Pitt, jaded/funny stunt man. Leo D. gets to send up his Oscar winning ladies man “movie star” image. No … Continue reading
Here’s one to catch at Red Box, on Netflix or your favorite “family” movie channel. Everything about “Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase” says, firmly and with conviction, “TV movie.” Sophia Lillis, who played a young Amy Adams … Continue reading
“Us” isn’t the scintillating, scary satiric indictment of racism in America that “Get Out” was. So by that measure, it’s a disappointment. But Jordan Peele’s made another horror film that will have audiences chattering in tones of “What’s it REALLY … Continue reading