Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Blaxploitation is back, and beautiful, with "Queen & Slim"
- Movie Review: "21 Bridges" is a bridge or two or three or four too far
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 13, 2019
Fiercely feral, dis-orientingly trippy and (for some folks at least) sure to inspire flashbacks, Gaspar Noé’s “Climax” is horror that hits you where you live. It’s a waking nightmare, an erotic fantasy that twists into the sum of all … Continue reading
Yes, “Aladdin” knows parkour. And no, Will Smith is not Middle Eastern in any way, shape or form. Funny? Yes he is. Not Robin Williams funny, but flip and the timing is there. The leads are as bland as ever, … Continue reading
If we learned nothing else from “Suspiria” — either version — or “The Red Shoes” or “Black Swan” — we had to absorb this. Dancers are obsessive hedonists, living only for…the dance. Gaspar Noé’s French horror tale “Climax” parks such … Continue reading