Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 13, 2019
Fiercely feral, dis-orientingly trippy and (for some folks at least) sure to inspire flashbacks, Gaspar Noé’s “Climax” is horror that hits you where you live. It’s a waking nightmare, an erotic fantasy that twists into the sum of all … Continue reading
Yes, “Aladdin” knows parkour. And no, Will Smith is not Middle Eastern in any way, shape or form. Funny? Yes he is. Not Robin Williams funny, but flip and the timing is there. The leads are as bland as ever, … Continue reading
If we learned nothing else from “Suspiria” — either version — or “The Red Shoes” or “Black Swan” — we had to absorb this. Dancers are obsessive hedonists, living only for…the dance. Gaspar Noé’s French horror tale “Climax” parks such … Continue reading