Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 13, 2019
Fiercely feral, dis-orientingly trippy and (for some folks at least) sure to inspire flashbacks, Gaspar Noé’s “Climax” is horror that hits you where you live. It’s a waking nightmare, an erotic fantasy that twists into the sum of all … Continue reading
Yes, “Aladdin” knows parkour. And no, Will Smith is not Middle Eastern in any way, shape or form. Funny? Yes he is. Not Robin Williams funny, but flip and the timing is there. The leads are as bland as ever, … Continue reading
If we learned nothing else from “Suspiria” — either version — or “The Red Shoes” or “Black Swan” — we had to absorb this. Dancers are obsessive hedonists, living only for…the dance. Gaspar Noé’s French horror tale “Climax” parks such … Continue reading