Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 13, 2019
Fiercely feral, dis-orientingly trippy and (for some folks at least) sure to inspire flashbacks, Gaspar Noé’s “Climax” is horror that hits you where you live. It’s a waking nightmare, an erotic fantasy that twists into the sum of all … Continue reading
Yes, “Aladdin” knows parkour. And no, Will Smith is not Middle Eastern in any way, shape or form. Funny? Yes he is. Not Robin Williams funny, but flip and the timing is there. The leads are as bland as ever, … Continue reading
If we learned nothing else from “Suspiria” — either version — or “The Red Shoes” or “Black Swan” — we had to absorb this. Dancers are obsessive hedonists, living only for…the dance. Gaspar Noé’s French horror tale “Climax” parks such … Continue reading