Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Blaxploitation is back, and beautiful, with "Queen & Slim"
- Movie Review: "21 Bridges" is a bridge or two or three or four too far
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 15, 2019
“Gloria Bell” is the picture of supportive, understanding patience and resilience. It lets the 50ish divorcée (Julianne Moore) thrive at work, as an insurance claims mediator/adjuster. Maybe it explains how she’s still on good terms with her remarried ex (Brad … Continue reading
There’s a tipping point to how much editing a movie can sustain before it becomes visually incoherent. It’s a sweet spot in the modern, flood-of-rapid-fire cuts style that sits somewhere between say the Paul Greengrass (Christopher Rouse, editor) “Bourne” movies … Continue reading