Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 11, 2019
It’s a sixth grade “Superbad” rolling out just as the little darlings are back in school. Which they’ll have to sneak out of to sneak INTO an R-rated — dirty, drug content etc — comedy. Totally appropriate that Seth Rogen … Continue reading
They disembarked their trains — some of them, the foreigners — well-heeled, serenaded by a string quartet, assured their luggage would arrive later — “Everything will be safe.” German officers in their crisp, grey uniforms, smiled beneath the red swastika … Continue reading
Here’s another gritty, pitiless Western carved out of archetypes and that favorite horse opera trope — the good man who eschews violence forced to take up a gun by armed thugs invading paradise. Countless Westerns have been built on that … Continue reading