Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 11, 2019
It’s a sixth grade “Superbad” rolling out just as the little darlings are back in school. Which they’ll have to sneak out of to sneak INTO an R-rated — dirty, drug content etc — comedy. Totally appropriate that Seth Rogen … Continue reading
They disembarked their trains — some of them, the foreigners — well-heeled, serenaded by a string quartet, assured their luggage would arrive later — “Everything will be safe.” German officers in their crisp, grey uniforms, smiled beneath the red swastika … Continue reading
Here’s another gritty, pitiless Western carved out of archetypes and that favorite horse opera trope — the good man who eschews violence forced to take up a gun by armed thugs invading paradise. Countless Westerns have been built on that … Continue reading