Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 19, 2019
Sure, it’s schmaltzy. That’s a given in any doomed teenagers romance. Almost as manipulative as “Everything, Everything,” or “A Walk to Remember,” less wrenching than “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl,” more medical than “The Fault in Our Stars,” … Continue reading
“The vast celestial everything” would blow anybody’s mind. TV writer (“Bones,” “Fargo,” “Legion”) Noah Hawley directed this trippy if dated seeming (Space Shuttle?) sci-fi quest into the infinite. Jon Hamm, Oscar winner Ellen Burstyn, Zazie Beetz and Dan Stevens also … Continue reading
Documentary Review: “Junkie Hunters” fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in “American Relapse”
Eye-opening and damning, “American Relapse” is a blunt force look at the “cycle” of opioid addiction and the ways this American epidemic has been monetized by those with an eye towards making a buck out of any bad thing that … Continue reading
A new nightmare scenario of “lost toy life,” sentimental in the extreme. Traumatic? Nah. Sweet, pull out all the stops, new characters similar story arc. June 21.