Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2019
Charlotte and her pals Mégane and Aube spend an afternoon hunting through the sex shop for bustiers. She’s dying to find something to turn on Samuel, her beau, and she won’t let Aube’s naivete (she’s a virgin) or Mégane’s anti-romantic/anti-capitalist … Continue reading
“A madman can be redeemed.” Who is Mel Gibson speaking of, here? He and Sean Penn are the leads in this all-star cast account of the creation of the Oxford English Dictionary, compiled by James Murray (Gibson) and Dr. William … Continue reading
A dark comedy — a bleak worldview — a life lived in fear. Of everything. Why this guy doesn’t buy a gun (It’s “The American Way”) is anybody’s guess. But this Jesse Eisenberg vehicle shows promise in its premise, and … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Another “Marvel” weekend, “Wonder Park” may reach $20, “Five Feet Apart” $13, “Captive State,” “Nancy Drew” bomb
The second weekend of Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” guarantees that Oscar winner Brie Larson will never go hungry, so long as their are comic book/movie conventions. Opening with gusto last weekend was great, but hitting $68 the second weekend means that … Continue reading