Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: Skarsgård watches himself go down in the "Infinity Pool"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2019
Charlotte and her pals Mégane and Aube spend an afternoon hunting through the sex shop for bustiers. She’s dying to find something to turn on Samuel, her beau, and she won’t let Aube’s naivete (she’s a virgin) or Mégane’s anti-romantic/anti-capitalist … Continue reading
“A madman can be redeemed.” Who is Mel Gibson speaking of, here? He and Sean Penn are the leads in this all-star cast account of the creation of the Oxford English Dictionary, compiled by James Murray (Gibson) and Dr. William … Continue reading
A dark comedy — a bleak worldview — a life lived in fear. Of everything. Why this guy doesn’t buy a gun (It’s “The American Way”) is anybody’s guess. But this Jesse Eisenberg vehicle shows promise in its premise, and … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: Another “Marvel” weekend, “Wonder Park” may reach $20, “Five Feet Apart” $13, “Captive State,” “Nancy Drew” bomb
The second weekend of Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” guarantees that Oscar winner Brie Larson will never go hungry, so long as their are comic book/movie conventions. Opening with gusto last weekend was great, but hitting $68 the second weekend means that … Continue reading